pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Thursday, February 09, 2006


we went to canton, tx this weekend. rummaged through the junk. bought a huge necklace. and filmed several schoolbuses.

and throughout our trip i was mocked for attempting to finish a book.

its been awhile since ive picked something up & found myself instantly engaged. i devoured this book. i'll have to go back to it in a month or two for a more careful reading.

this will probably cause my book-nerd card to be revoked, but i had never read reynolds price before.
now i know my mistake. i read "roxanna slade" in 2 days. i loved it. roxanna is born in 1900 and lives well into her 90s. she is southern & honest. she says that ''very few human beings of any sex or background are called to anything grander than dinner'' and confesses that she has ''kept my chin tucked and lived my life.'' to someone who is constantly afraid of middleclass mediocrity this was a good word. roxanna deals with depression in a time when its simply called "the blues."

i think i need to find another price book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home