pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Friday, September 16, 2005

do not covet your neighbor's project

*name have been changed to protect the innocent and ignorant
my 6th graders had projects due today. most of them brought the standard poster and summary. one boy asked me if i was going to kill him. i think he meant because he was projectless and not because this is a daily concern.

and then in walked blondie. with a box. a golden box.
she had made a golden ark complete with 10 commandments board game!!!
inside the box were two styrofoam tablets with commandments on them with BURNT edges for that authentic ancient look.

i love blondie.
i loved her before she turned in the project to end all projects.
but im a little concerned.
is this a nervous breakdown waiting to happen?
am i going to get mentioned in counseling sessions 15 years from now
... well it all started in 6th grade when my social studies teacher praised me for my perfect project and from then on everything had to be perfect...

maybe she and kill-boy can get together and balance each other out.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger tank said…

    Lani I just thought I would let you know that I really like your blog
    Gerald

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lani, I really like your blog, too. Sweet stuff! P.S. Sorry for pestering you about registering, I will make stronger attempts at being a better friend in the future.
    Nate

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger kaelum said…

    kevin there are days when im concerned for you and your fruit obsession. though i do agree with you on the granny smith apple thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home