pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

mardi gras


my favorite thing about living in new orleans was getting a week & a half off school for mardi gras.

my 1989 volvo is nearing death. $750 has kept it from the grave this time.

i have finished reading shane clairborne's book. i havent read anything so convicting before. my attitude towards community and materialism needs to be searched. we'll see where that leads.

i have ordered a king cake for tonight. i can almost taste the sugary goodness.

lent starts tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger kaelum said…

    i LIVED in new orleans before my fam moved to little rock. i still like king cakes and excuses to eat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home