pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Friday, October 07, 2005

ship out on the sea

with apologies to kevin- but i realized i wanted to ask everyone...

"i'm in love with the garden
that is down the street
and the earth is a warm thing under my feet...
plant me in the garden
don't you let me roam
cuz love is a feeling like a warm dark stone"
the be good tanyas

i bought two cds this week. which is a budget blowing treat in my public-school teacher world. but they were definitely worth it. brandi carlile and the be good tanyas. both have added to this week. last night i brought out "extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds" and it brought this week's grad school longings to the surface. its title alone contributed to this week.

this week is always my favorite week each year- treasured because you never know when it is going to come. the first real week of autumn. the first week i can break out my corduroy blazers and mocs and sit outside and read beat up novels with obscenely large cups of coffee and the occasional social cig- and remember that life is good.

last night was one of those nights. and it formally brought autumn with it.

we are reading through grudem's Bible Doctrine. and last night at b&n with corporate coffee in hand, was an impromptu discussion of God's sovereignty, neo-theism, and what we bring to the table. the discussion and the friends made this week.

how are you enjoying autumn?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home