pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

my leave of absence

sorry its been so long- as some unknown person commented- i have not frolicked in awhile.

i have been away from my computer, contemplating what i want to be when i grow up (this is a recurring theme, im aware). and while tiger tunes this weekend did remind me of how far ive come... well, they boarded up the pretty room & that leads me to question many things.

so here are some of my options (fueled by female folk musician and hot chai):
1) run away & join the circus. this was a viable option when i was 4... why not now?
2) hide out at some farm in kansas and write a dissertation about how modern corporate america is sucking my soul (appealing except for chiggers and cliches)
3) find an experimental school to teach at & explore my desire to live in a commune (problem:i like to be the strange one... and all that patchouli?)
4) go to grad school. get a degree. (this plan has potential but is currently a little vague)
5) find a nice amish boy and get married. (i could learn to love floral)
6) research the qualifications needed to become a tollbooth operator and fulfill my childhood dreams

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger kaelum said…

    well. now all my questions are answered... i can start tackling quantum physics.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger jigawatt said…

    I think you should marry the amish boy AND join the circus.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger kaelum said…

    my perceptions of the amish might be entirely inaccurate (but who's going to correct me? no outlet means no internet) but i dont see that going over well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home