pali ke kua mahina ke alo

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white! And yet they seem alive and quivering Against my tremulous hands which loose the string And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

Monday, November 28, 2005

where's toto?


"Kansas is a state of the Union, but it is also a state of mind, a neurotic condition, a psychological phase, a symptom, indeed, something undreamed of in your philosophy, an inferiority complex against the tricks and manners of plutocracy -- social, political and economic."- William Allan White


we made it home. 7 1/2 hours in the backseat of an explorer with your 6'5" baby brother is a treat. almost 40 members of my mother's family gathered together for thanksgiving. im still tired.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was just thinking about the song, "Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain." You could easily substitute Kansas...or Nebraska, the Dakotas, West Texas, or all of Illinois bar Chicago.

    Then again, you'd be hard-pressed to find a surry with fringe on top in Illinois, so I suppose it's a toss up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home